Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The week that was!

Heya! I know I've become slow, but a damn busy work life has me off the streets! Can't keep me outta my kitchen though! ;)

The week saw me cooking almost everyday! Shortcuts a-la-pasta! :D
  • Short cut 1: Take a packet of Knorr soup... instead of the 4 cups o water just add about 1 n half! nice thick pre flavored sauce is ready and all u gotta do is add in the boiled pasta!
  • Short cut 2: Take a tetra pack of tomato puree.. add to it finely chopped garlic! (don't make that face.. keep the garlic flakes in water for half an hour and it peels and chops like a charm!). Mix em and let the puree cook just a bit. Add as much grated cheese as desired and add the Pasta! Presto! Tomato garlic Pasta at your service! :)
Now ain't that easy?!

My kitchen saw a few fiasco's with a mixer full of cold coffee exploding like a coffee hand grenade burst all over it and a whole packet of milk burnt (yes burnt) to bits while being boiled! My maid still hasn't given up on getting the vessel spanking clean! :) (Burning milk though considered auspicious under Indian beliefs, is not a good idea! It smells like burnt rubber tyres and doesn't leave the house for a good 3 days!) Phew!

Quick fix Maggi! Lotsa maggi, lotsa butter, chilli flakes and oregano leftover from lotsa Pizza being ordered by roomies! Mix it all! For the non veggie to delight, add in sausages or salami! :D

It saw me make masala parathas as well! Those with butter or honey are sooooo yum!

:) Work looks like it's becoming a lil manageable now.. so I'm planning to cook one of my weekend feasts this weekend or next for sure! Lets see how much I can get coaxed!

Try the quick fixes and lemme know what you think!

No comments: